tirsdag 12. juni 2007

Why Mothers Cry

Why Mothers Cry .... "Why are you crying?" he asked his mom. "Because I'm a mother," she told him."I don't understand," he said.His mom just hugged him and said, "You never will!"Later the little boy asked his father why Motherseemed to cry for no reason."All mothers cry for no reason," was all his dad couldsay.The little boy grew up and became a man, stillwondering why mothers cry. So he finally put in a call to God andwhen God got on the phone the man said, "God, why do motherscry so easily." God said, "You see son, when I made mothersthey had to be special. I made their shoulders strong enough tocarry the weight of the world, yet gentle enough to give comfort. I gave them aninner strength to endure childbirth and the rejection that many times come from their children."I gave them a hardiness that allows them to keepgoing when everyone else gives up, and to take care of theirfamilies through sickness and fatigue without complaining."I gave them the sensitivity to love their childrenunder all circumstances, even when their child has hurtthem very badly. This same sensitivity helps them to make achild's boo-boo feel better and helps them share a teenager'sanxieties and fears."I gave them a tear to shed. It's theirs exclusively touse whenever it's needed. It's their only weakness. It's a tear for mankind."

Ingen kommentarer: